Views
Helpful
Replies

Bandwidth allocation by Catalyst3560

techguy
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I have one Cisco Catalyst 3560 switch. Now i have got internet bandwidth on fiber. Can i give internet to my clients by applying vlans, acl, rate limit on down and uplink? If so, then kindly give me configuration. Thanks

4 Replies 4

Mike Williams
Level 5
Level 5

With the 3560, you can perform strict policing outbound, but you cannot rate limit inbound, nor can you do any traffic shaping. In order to do bidirectional rate-limiting, you will need a router, such as an ASR. A 2900 or 3900 may also work, but I have not looked into their QoS capabilities in depth.

Regards,
Mike

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

With 3560 or 3750, i can rate limit for down link ? if so, then how ?

just configure the bandwitdh limit on interfaces ,

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The  Author of this posting offers the information contained within this  posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that  there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.  Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not  be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this  posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In  no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including,  without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out  of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author  has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

On a 3560, you can apply an interface ingress policy, where you can selectively police different traffic.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card