Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic configuration question on Server port configuration

khurana.sanjeev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm a newbie in Cisco configuration. Using the Cisco 7604 load balancer, wanted to acheive two things firstly single ip for the applications and the failover of my servers.

Configuration description

I have an Application client connected to the vserver configuration (LAVSERV) on Cisco 7604 Load Balancer and two servers (JBoss) S1 and S2 configured to the real ip as configured in the serverFarm. All the three systems (Load Balancer,S1 and S2) are in the same LAN.

IOS configuration details

!

ip slb serverfarm LA

nat server

predictor leastconns

!

real 10.2.11.11

weight 255

inservice

!

real 10.2.11.211

weight 255

inservice

!

ip slb vserver LAVSERV

virtual 10.2.11.141 255.255.255.0 tcp 1813

serverfarm LA

no advertise

idle 65535

inservice

!

When I try connect to my servers through the client application I get connection exception. Basically I'm telling my client application to connect to webservice url http://10.2.11.141:1813. Due to the configuration on Load Balancer for servers, Load balancer should route my request to either of the Servers S1 or S2.

I have a doubt here, have not mentioned the port anywhere on which my JBoss (S1 or S2) is running.Is beacuse of this I'm getting connection exception, if yes, kindly let me know how to configure the port along with the real server IP.

Thanks in advance

Sanjeev.

1 Reply 1

iyde
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

It looks like you are running IOS SLB on the Cisco7604 router. I will recommend that you post your question in the Data Center > Application Networking forum as a lot of load balancing experts are responding in that forum.

HTH, Ingolf

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card