Views
Helpful
Replies

Basic Difference between 3750 and 3560 Switch Lines

globalpower
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My company is looking at doing a converged data/voice project with all new Cisco equipment. Two vendors have given us quotes on the project, one is quoting the 3560 series switches (48 port 10/100 with PoE), while the other has quoted the 3750 with the same basic features. I was wondering what the main differnces are between the two lines. I'm looking for a reason to justify the additional cost of the 3750s.

Thanks,

Seth

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seth,

3560's and 3750 are eventually the same switches.The only difference is that 3750's switches are based on stacking capabilties. They have a High-Speed stacking bus to give stacking capabilties.

HTH,Please rate of it does.

-amit singh

View solution in original post

johgill
Level 1
Level 1

Seth,

They are essentially the same box, but the 3750 has the ability to be stacked with StackWise cables. These stacks run at 16Gb/s and can be expanded to 9 switches.

Port-for-port, there is no performance or feature difference in the comparable version of 3560/3750. You just need to make sure you are running the right image to support the features you need.

If you are not interested in stacking, then the 3560 is probably where you want to go.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Seth,

3560's and 3750 are eventually the same switches.The only difference is that 3750's switches are based on stacking capabilties. They have a High-Speed stacking bus to give stacking capabilties.

HTH,Please rate of it does.

-amit singh

johgill
Level 1
Level 1

Seth,

They are essentially the same box, but the 3750 has the ability to be stacked with StackWise cables. These stacks run at 16Gb/s and can be expanded to 9 switches.

Port-for-port, there is no performance or feature difference in the comparable version of 3560/3750. You just need to make sure you are running the right image to support the features you need.

If you are not interested in stacking, then the 3560 is probably where you want to go.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card