Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best console connection to 2960s and 3750x

hi all,

i upgraded my backdoor access to my network console from windows xp to windows 7 32bit.  after the upgrade the connection of mini-usb on the switch to my windows 7/regular-usb won't work anymore.  i called support but no luck, we keep on installing cisco-usb for each device (2960s or 3750x), downloaded separate for each, but none work to connect on the console.

did anymore make this connection ok?  windows 7 32 bit is freshly installed and com3/com4 are in the device.

is there other cable connection i should try that work with windows 7?  i don't want to go back to windows xp for it's vulnerable already, don't want to take risk...

thanks for any comment you may add.

3 REPLIES

I don't think I understand the question, but let me restate. You have a switch that you need to console into, but after upgrading your workstation from XP to Win 7, your usb connection no longer works? First question, are you using usb-serial adapter, and if so, did you download the Windows 7 drivers for it?

HTH,
John

*** Please rate all useful posts ***

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

it does work now by doin a manual update on the device driver and select cisco usb as the driver, argh why can't support doesnt know how to do this...

VIP Purple

Sometime I find given driver does not work well with different OS. I used following is useful to find drivers for this USB to Serial converter cables.

Please try this & see whether it works (select windows 32 bit option as that is what you have described)

http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm

Pls rate all the useful responses.

HTH

Rasika

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content