I am looking for urgent solution for this problem.We have normal cisco topology having 4 core 8 Dist and more than 500 Access switches.I have configure switches with storm broadcast,But is there any other way to avoid loops and to know quickly where it has originated.Any help on this would be great help.
2) You could look to use port-security on your switches which would allow you to lock down how many mac-addresses can be seen on each port and if you want to you could even go the lengths of hardcoding the mac to the port - not recommended with the size of your environment.
3) 802.1x authentcation - this is a step further where you require a device connecting to a port to authenticate before it is allowed network access.
1) is probably the easiest to implement ie. it's just a few additional commands.
2) is less work if you don't try to hardcode mac to port
3) this is a lot of work as you need authentication servers, 802.1x supplicants etc.
Hi everyone, I would like to thank you in advance for any help you can provide a newcomer like myself!
Im studying the 100-105 book by Odom and am currently on the topic of Port security. I purchased a used 2960 and I'm trying to follow a...
While deploying a number of 18xx/2802/3802 model access points (APs), which run AP-COS as their operating platform. It can be observed on some occasions that while many of their access points were able to join the fabric WLC withou...
I am going to design and build an LAN network under a tunnel underground with long distance between the switches.
I will have 2 Catalyst switches and 8 Industrial IE3000, and they will be connected with fiber.
For now I am planning on use Layer-2 s...