Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to connect 2 Cisco 3750 PoE 24-port Switches

Hello. I have 2 Cisco 3750 PoE 24-port switches in a small office environment. Right now I have a trunk configured off my ASA 5505 to switch 1, and then just an access port configured on a port (switch 1) and an access port configured on a port (switch 2) to connect them together. These switches also have 2 GB SFP ports but they are not being used in this configuration.

I was curious to know if anyone had any better recommend configurations for connecting these 2 switches together? I'm not sure if this particular model can be stacked? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

What are the exact model

What are the exact model numbers (should be written on a sticker)?

You will know if they can be stacked as you will see the 2x stack ports on the back of each switch :)

If they can then that is probably the way to go unless you want to keep them as separate switches for some reason.

If you want them separate, I would connect them via a Trunk link at least so you can have the same Vlans on both.

Thanks

1 REPLY

What are the exact model

What are the exact model numbers (should be written on a sticker)?

You will know if they can be stacked as you will see the 2x stack ports on the back of each switch :)

If they can then that is probably the way to go unless you want to keep them as separate switches for some reason.

If you want them separate, I would connect them via a Trunk link at least so you can have the same Vlans on both.

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content