Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Best Way to Connect 8 3560's

We have 6(1-6) 24pt 3560's with POE (used for the 7941 Phone's and the computers plug into the phones) and 2 (7,8) 48pt non-POE 3560's that are used for the servers and network devices (gateways, call managers, unity, ipcc...)

we use vlan 1 for data, vlan 100 for voice and vlan 9 is for the RSPAN that's destination is on switch 7 (cistera call recorder)

I wanted to setup a 4 gig link between switch 7 and 8 and have the vlan run over it as well.

also how would you interconnect all of the switches? Right now I have a single cable between switches 1-6 --> switch 7. should a single cable be enough to handle 24 phone and client computers on each switch?

Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES

Re: Best Way to Connect 8 3560's

Hi

U can create a etherchannel on the switch 7 & 8 using 2 ports on each switch and configure it as a trunk link.

It will be helpful if u post the diagram of the current topology.

Thanks

Mahmood

Here is a diagram i just made up

Its preferrable to have faster backbone between the core's. 1 Uplink is ok with the setup but for redundancy you may want to connect another uplink to the other core(switch 8).

Then as Mahmood said, you need an etherchannel between 7 & 8 for high speed backbone & make it a trunk. With L2 etherchannel, again only 1 port will be active & rest in the channel-group will be blocking due to STP. So L3 etherchannel is recommended. You may choose one based on your design.

Refer this link for config help:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3560/software/release/12.1_19_ea1/configuration/guide/swethchl.html#wp1033981

Views
Helpful
Replies