hello, here's output of show ip bgp summary and show ip bgp neighbour. i am confused why output shows different numbers. is there a link that will give complete explanation of command output and why numbers is different
1. why is there a difference between in so many places between prefix recvd. For eg. 322752 network entries (3d line) in bgp summary wheras at the bottom of show ip bgp summary it says that prefix received was 300115
2. Is there difference between network entries, path entries
3. What is 58835/58158 BGP path/bestpath in show ip bgp summary
4. In sho ip bgp summary the prefix recvd from neighbor says 300115 however in show ip bgp neighbor it shows under Prefix activity current prefix is 300125 and total prefix is 549983. where does 549983 come from.this is the show ip bgp neighbor for particular neighbor so should it not show the same number of current recvd prefix and total recvd prefix.
5. in general why is that if you have BGP session with internet than the paths are always so many. if only 1 bgp session than shouldn't there be only 1 path recevd from neighbor.
6. is there a way to see number of paths per prefix per neighbor
route-server.as3257.net>show ip bgp summary BGP router identifier 18.104.22.168, local AS number 65534 BGP table version is 5858478, main routing table version 5858478 322752 network entries using 36470976 bytes of memory 300378 path entries using 15619656 bytes of memory 58835/58158 BGP path/bestpath attribute entries using 6354180 bytes of memory 49979 BGP AS-PATH entries using 1337772 bytes of memory 353 BGP community entries using 13260 bytes of memory 0 BGP route-map cache entries using 0 bytes of memory 0 BGP filter-list cache entries using 0 bytes of memory BGP using 59795844 total bytes of memory Dampening enabled. 263 history paths, 137 dampened paths BGP activity 829855/499706 prefixes, 1229644/922229 paths, scan interval 60 secs
this describes the number of prefixes received by this neighbor, even if this would be the only BGP peer a difference can arise from locally injected BGP routes for example as a result of redistributing an IGP into BGP.
We are pleased to announce availability of Beta software for 16.6.3.
16.6.3 will be the second rebuild on the 16.6 release train targeted
towards Catalyst 9500/9400/9300/3850/3650 switching platforms. We are
looking for early feedback from customers befor...
Introduction Featured Speakers Luis Espejel is the Telecommunications
Manager of IENova, an Oil & Gas company. Currently he works with Cisco
IOS® and Cisco IOS XE platforms, and NX to some extent. He has also
worked as a Senior Engineer with the Routing P...
In this session you can learn more about Layer 3 multicast and the best
practices to identify possible threats and take security measures. It
provides an overview of basic multicast, the best security practices for
use of this technology, and recommendati...