whanson
Level 2
Level 2

What does this mean?

4 Replies 4

pkhatri
Level 11
Level 11

There could be a number of reasons for this. The following document details those reasons quite well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093fb8.shtml

Paresh

PS. Pls do remember to rate posts

Paresh

You have provided an interesting link about problems with BGP neighbor relationships. But the original post asked about "neighbor stuck in active" and that is not a concept that I recognize in BGP. The only protocol I know that has neighbor stuck in active is EIGRP.

In EIGRP stuck in active means that some router has lost a route and has transitioned to the active state for that prefix. The router has sent query requests for routes to that prefix and some neighbor has failed to respond within a time limit imposed by EIGRP.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick,

I don't believe the original poster was referring to the Stuck-in-Active (SIA) condition which manifests itself in EIGRP. I took that to mean that a BGP neighbor was staying in a BGP Active state...

But we probably need the original poster to clarify :-)

Thanks anyway,

Paresh

Paresh

I quite agree that the original question was not entirely clear and that we need the original poster to clarify.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card