Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

bgp neighbor stuck in active

What does this mean?

4 REPLIES
Purple

Re: bgp neighbor stuck in active

There could be a number of reasons for this. The following document details those reasons quite well:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a0080093fb8.shtml

Paresh

PS. Pls do remember to rate posts

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Paresh

You have provided an interesting link about problems with BGP neighbor relationships. But the original post asked about "neighbor stuck in active" and that is not a concept that I recognize in BGP. The only protocol I know that has neighbor stuck in active is EIGRP.

In EIGRP stuck in active means that some router has lost a route and has transitioned to the active state for that prefix. The router has sent query requests for routes to that prefix and some neighbor has failed to respond within a time limit imposed by EIGRP.

HTH

Rick

Purple

Hi Rick,

I don't believe the original poster was referring to the Stuck-in-Active (SIA) condition which manifests itself in EIGRP. I took that to mean that a BGP neighbor was staying in a BGP Active state...

But we probably need the original poster to clarify :-)

Thanks anyway,

Paresh

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Paresh

I quite agree that the original question was not entirely clear and that we need the original poster to clarify.

HTH

Rick

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content