Replies

Boot Flash Error Cisco 3524XL

haryl8723
Level 1
Level 1

Every time I delete the directory flash and reinstall it, I get an error:

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-12c.EA1.bin"

Error loading "flash:c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-12c.EA1.bin"

Interrupt within 5 seconds to abort boot process.

That is the message I get. It's set to NO manual boot, but it keeps making me manualoly boot it. I am at a loss, I've done 3 switches and they all keep doing the same thing. Could someone help me out?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Haryl,

This looks like the bootloader remembers the last statically set name and location of the IOS, and that has changed for whatever reason. I suppose your switch eventually boots so when it does, enter the show flash: or dir flash: command, find out the exact name and location of the current IOS image name in your IOS, and then enter the global configuration mode and enter the following command:

boot system flash:NAME-OF-THE-IMAGE

Verify your setting after exiting the configuration mode using the show boot command, and try reloading the switch.

One question: how come your switch tries to boot a 2950 series image if your switch is a 3524XL?

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

c3500XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5-XU.bin

XU???  Could you try a newer IOS?  Like the WC17?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hold on ...

You have a 3500XL so why is it loading an IOS for a 2950?

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Haryl,

This looks like the bootloader remembers the last statically set name and location of the IOS, and that has changed for whatever reason. I suppose your switch eventually boots so when it does, enter the show flash: or dir flash: command, find out the exact name and location of the current IOS image name in your IOS, and then enter the global configuration mode and enter the following command:

boot system flash:NAME-OF-THE-IMAGE

Verify your setting after exiting the configuration mode using the show boot command, and try reloading the switch.

One question: how come your switch tries to boot a 2950 series image if your switch is a 3524XL?

Best regards,

Peter

I copied the wrong one, I messing with something else also.

dir_flash:c3500XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5-XU.bin

When I do a boot flash:filename it boots immediately, but I'll try that.

c3500XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5-XU.bin

XU???  Could you try a newer IOS?  Like the WC17?

I changed it to the WC17, so I could atleast use the "do" command lol Thx much

that worked assumly thx much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card