Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Broadcast Traffic Storm

Hello, I use a CE500 for my network of about 100 computers... I basically go from my 2800 router to my CE500 and that feeds my Airspan BSRs that send out my wireless signal...

My problem is that every few minutes an alarm goes off on the switch saying "Rate has been limited on this port due to a broadcast traffic storm"...

This keeps happening on the 2 ports that I have my wireless base stations plugged too...

I have the port roles assigned for these as "ROUTER"... I assume that would be the closest thing they are... there is a setting for access point but only supports 30 users.... I have way more than that on each port...

Basically Im tryin to figure out the best port role for these wireless radios...

As ive said, i keep gettin the Broadcast storm detected thing, and after monitoring my dataflow there is nothing out of the ordinary going on.... there does not seem to be lots of broadcast packets going thru and any time...

I have no idea why this alarm keeps going off...

What is it actually doing when it says rate limited due to broadcast storm and how can I stop it...

Thanks in advance...

Views
Helpful
Replies