Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960-S stacking question

mazenelhourani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi team,

I have a question regarding Cisco switches stacking, I am not really familiar with it.

My question is about stack v/s trunk: Does the stacking pass data between VLANs just like trunk ports do?

For example, if I have two stacked switches and NO trunk ports between them, will the ports (of the same VLAN of course) communicate with each other?

Thank you in advance.

Appreciated.

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. Although I wouldn't say it's "just like " trunk ports since there's no VLAN tagging or 802.1q encapsulation.

A Cisco stack makes the physical switches one logical switch. All global commands (VLAN definitions etc.) apply to all the members of the stack.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes. Although I wouldn't say it's "just like " trunk ports since there's no VLAN tagging or 802.1q encapsulation.

A Cisco stack makes the physical switches one logical switch. All global commands (VLAN definitions etc.) apply to all the members of the stack.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card