cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960G-24TT mode button

grpsis222
Level 1
Level 1

Is it at all possible to disable the mode button on front of switch? Or any ideas as far as boot parameters to configure help load a config. file when the mode button has been held for 10 seconds and reinitilize NVRAM and losing startup-config file. This results in switch booting back up into default setup mode. We have some switches which seem to be attracting students to push button on front of switch. Just thought I would ask.  Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

grpsis222 wrote:

Is it at all possible to disable the mode button on front of switch? Or any ideas as far as boot parameters to configure help load a config. file when the mode button has been held for 10 seconds and reinitilize NVRAM and losing startup-config file. This results in switch booting back up into default setup mode. We have some switches which seem to be attracting students to push button on front of switch. Just thought I would ask.  Thank you.

Try this -

2960(config)# no setup express

Jon

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Is it at all possible to disable the mode button on front of switch? Or
any ideas as far as boot parameters to configure help load a config.
file when the mode button has been held for 10 seconds and reinitilize
NVRAM and losing startup-config file. This results in switch booting
back up into default setup mode. We have some switches which seem to be
attracting students to push button on front of switch. Just thought I
would ask.  Thank you.

Hi ,

The global command 'no setup express' disables this  feature.  The command is available on all 'stackable type' switches (i.e. 2950, 2960, 3550, 3560, 3750).

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card