Views
Helpful
Replies

C2960S Lanbase Routing Crashes

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3 c2960s stack with sdm lanbase routing enabled. I was trying to move routing from a router to this switch stack. I have configured a couple of SVI and 5 static routers, which I believe is far below the docmented limit. It had been working fine for one week before I started to use it as a router.

The switch crashed when traffic was directed to it, ie. when it started routing traffic. In 2 hours time, it had 5 crashes. The error mesage says something about  "address error".

When I stopped using it as a router, it is working fine.

As these switches do not have SMARTNET services, I cannot get support from TAC. I hope someone here can give me some help.

2 crashinfo files are attached for your reference.

IOS version: c2960s-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

They have raised a bug (CSCtj37604) and its with the development team to fix.

Will probably have to wait for a new software release.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

38 Replies 38

andtoth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I did some research and it looks like you are not the only one with this issue. I will give you more details later when I have more information.

Andras

Hi,

Does the release 122-55.SE2 resolve the issue?

Thanks.

Unfortunately not. However, will be fixed in 12.2(58)SE which is expected to be available around mid-March.

Andras

Andras,

I don't think Cisco dev is on track for this release.  It's now the end of March, and the latest is still 12.2(55)SE2 on CCO.

I have a customer affected by this, so need some insight ASAP on how Cisco are tracking with this fix.

Standing by eagerly......

There's a bunch of new firmwares/IOS scheduled for release before the end of April 2011.  I don't know if 58 is one of them.

jonesandrew
Level 1
Level 1

I also have a similar issue with 4 x 2960-S in a stack configuration.

it was working fine for a few days in the lab, then started to crash when it was deployed and actually routing some traffic.

i have raised a TAC case for it and they have raised a bug for it.

i will provide more information once its available.

Thanks,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Have you got any response from TAC? I am looking forward to sharing your solution.

Thanks.

Larry

They have raised a bug (CSCtj37604) and its with the development team to fix.

Will probably have to wait for a new software release.

Cheers,

Thanks for sharing.

apexiomsp
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

I've just installed a Stack with four 2960S switches which we setup 3 vlans, once the routing mode was turned on we had a crash every 5 to 10 mins.

Turning off routing stopped the crashes. Our solution was sold to the customer on the fact that we would be taking some of his network traffic away from his existing router. Has anyone found a solution yet ? I will be contacting TAC after the weekend

Regards

Richard H

i have been told by our partner SE that we wont get a fix untl feb / march 2011.

personally i think thats unacceptable for such a critical issue.

Wow thats a major bug!!   How does something like that get thru quality control?

i have been told by our partner SE that we wont get a fix untl feb / march 2011.

Yup.  February is normally the start of IOS releases.

Yeah, that's the curse of low end switches. If something is cheap then you have to live with all these kind of issues. Not like higher end products wouldn't have nice bugs.

I'm hesitating to offer this model for our client, but if it is not resolved asap I need to find another product/vendor.

Actually it is a shame how a software release can be released with such a major bug.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: