Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

c2960x Switch ip routing

Hi forum!

This is my first post here, so let me be a bit of a Lama. :)

So I'm having some trouble with my new 2960 switch that I bought recently.

I can't turn on the ip routing and ip route somehow, but I do know this switch has the capability to do basic routing.
I bought few months ago an another one like this, but that one has an older image, around the same price range.

New one has this image: c2960x-universalk9-mz.150-2.EX4.bin ( Cisco Catalyst 2960X-24TS-LL )
Old one has this: c2960x-universalk9-mz.150-2.EX1.bin ( Cisco Catalyst 2960X−24TS−L )

I would really need the routing capability in this box, otherwise I'd need to reconfigure other 4 switches and to move them to a new VLAN which is a pain to be honest.

What am I missing here? (aaa new-model is activated)

Please help me out.

Thanks very much in advance.

5 REPLIES

I forgot to mention that the

I forgot to mention that the old one has ip routing, ip sla etc...

Hall of Fame Super Gold

What kind of routing?  And

What kind of routing?  And exactly what is your 2960X?  Is it a 2960X or a 2960XR?  

Did you change the SDM template to allow routing?

Hi,I need to use routing on

Hi,

I need to use routing on this new box, because we have few switches which would need to move to other then the default VLAN1. 

This is a 2960X-24TS-LL 24 Ports switch.

I tried to change the SDM template which is default, but no luck with it.
I think I'll need to reconfigure all other switches, which will be a big pain...

Purple

your model is running lan

your model is running lan lite so it probably does not support routing and you cannot change or upgrade it . It's tied to the switch model type.

Yeah I found it on Cisco's

Yeah I found it on Cisco's site also... Thanks for your help!

This is really a bad news, the other switch cost about £100 more and does have the proper image/hw to do routing/sla etc. And must mention this was not cheap at all either.

Now I have to mess with all D-link switches on our network. :(

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content