Views
Helpful
Replies

C3560 Counters Problem

ldladmins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

when i Telent onto a 3560 i have, if i check the interfaces and reset the counters, the days will build up, but the counters seem to last no longer than 1 week sometimes only a day or two, before they show as "counters last reset NEVER".

this is very strange as i know that i have reset the counters!!

Has anyone else had this problem before if so how can i resolve this.

5 Replies 5

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Nope, never have seen it on any 3560's . If you are positive then open a tac case for the version of code you are running . Of course look for any bugs on the bug tracker before opening case. Also make sure the box has not reloaded during that time from some power anomaly , the counters will show never if the box reloads.

where can i find this bug tracker, is it on the website or built into the switch?

It's on the cisco website under support , you do have to have a cisco maintenance contract on the equipment to use it I believe.

OK I dont think i have one of them, Thanks for your feedback, ill leave this open in the hope that somone else has come across this problem before... could it be something to do with the setting in the buffers for logging? or is that nothing to do with the counters?

No they wouldn't have any input on the counters under the interfaces .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card