cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3560 Radius Issue

dcanady55
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having issues with Radius on this switch. I have recently upgraded to 12.2 (44) SE6. I enabled SSH and this is working fine I have checked my settings in on the radius server several times along with deleting the radius commands on the switch and re-entering them. Below is my aaa settings and radius settings.

aaa new-model

!

!

aaa authentication password-prompt PASSCODE---->

aaa authentication login default group radius local

aaa authorization exec default group radius local

!

!

!

aaa session-id common

radius-server host x.x.x.x. auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646 key  7 testtest

I just had a radius issue on a 2950 and I found my issue to be in the aaa settings but this doesn't seem to be the case on this switch.

thanks for the help

2 Replies 2

dcanady55
Level 1
Level 1

just to add a few points I can ping the radius server from the switch and can ping the switch from the radius server. when I look at the logs on the switch it shows me:

2w5d: %RADIUS-4-RADIUS_DEAD: RADIUS server x.x.x.x:1645,1646 is not respond        ing.

2w5d: %RADIUS-4-RADIUS_ALIVE: RADIUS server x.x.x.x:1645,1646 has returned.

I'm not real clear what this means.

Thanks,

Derek

Derek

Basically it means that the switch send a request to the Radius server and got nothing in response. If you look in the Radius server are there logs which would indicate whether it recognized the switch or not? The symptoms you describe might indicate that the Radius server is not responding because it does not recognize the switch as a valid client.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card