Views
Helpful
Replies

C3560X Status LED not working properly

zbs_mbalatti
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I have recently installed 4 3560 (WS-C3560X-48T-S) Switches. At first the switch comes up, indicating all connected ports with a green

LED. Whenever i unplug a cable and plug it back in, the status LED will stay off. The same thing happens when I push the mode button

and cycle throgh the different modes, i lose certain LEDs.

I'm using 12.2(53)SE2, another user reported the same issues under 12.2(55)SE1 .

As this is happening on 4 different devices and other users have reported the same problem, I don't think this is hardware-related.

Any Suggestions?

Best Regards,

Marco

6 Replies 6

mvsheik123
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Marco,

When you plug back the cable (from working switch port), does the LED stays off forever? If so, did you chack the status of the port by logging/console to the switch?  If the LED coming up but taking little longer- then you need to enable 'spanning-tree portfast'.

I guess Mode button has nothing to do with this. Check the below thread about the 'Mode' button..

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2044208

Thx

MS

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Errrr ... what does the CLI say?  When the lights are off do the interface stay UP or are they down?

Can you post the output to the command "sh interface ".

Hello mvsheik123 and leolaohoo

Thanks for your replies.

I forgot to mention that all interfaces are working properly. Interface status is up/up,

they are forwarding normally, counters are showing load. The interfaces have portfast

enabled, the LED stays even after a few minutes.

I don't know whether this is a coincidence, but when i last tried only the right portion

(interfaces 25-48) quit blinking after pushing the mode buton. As these switches are

productive already, I couldn't afford to reload a switch and so try and reproduce

the behaviour.

Marco

All

Our local Cisco supplier has found out that this problem is indeed an IOS bug.

It only shows on certain production series of the 2950 and 3560 platforms.

Problem is solved in IOS 12.2(58)SE and onwards...

Cheers,

Marco

Hi Marco,

Do you remember the bug number?

Thank you 

Sergey

I'm really sorry, but I don't have any more details on that case. It's been 5 years and I have changed company and even the country since...

Best,

Marco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card