cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750 configuration suggestion

CSCO11910340
Level 1
Level 1

C3750 configuration or what i have to used in that to  work this topology (C3750) .

Can any one suggest configuration regarding redundancy,HSRP ,Port channel ,STP  ?

I have attached network diagram also .

Please suggest .

Thanks in advance !

Regards,

Shete.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

First of all I am not comfortable with the large loop you have connecting the access switches.  If you can home run some more of them to the core I would certainly do so.  The loops are going to be spanning tree nightmares to say the least.

Second, I would highly suggest checking out the Cisco campus design guides.

The 2960s are L2 only switchs so all routing will have to take place in the core, ie the 3750s the way it looks.  I would create all VLANs at the core and create your SVI's there to route traffic with.  Trunk to each edge switch.  If you have teh 3750s stacked you can etherChannel a port on each of the stacked switches to the edge switches.  Again, the edge switches should be home ran to the core for that to work best. 

I would put your DHCP servers on the core or close to it if you can and create the approprite configs with that. 

I HSRP is more complexity than you need in my oppinion because I would just stack the 3750s.  If that not an option then, yes may be worth its use for sure.  Thats my oppinion anyhow.

The recommendation is to leave VTP off.  Not a big deal as you only have a few VLANs anyhow.

How many hosts are on your network total?

- Be sure to rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

CSCO11910340
Level 1
Level 1

C3750 is core for us.2 tier ( layer  2 access ) c2960 switches are their ,basically 3 vlan are required , MGMT ,data ,voice ,wireless (Ap registreation which part of MGMT vlan ),

What configuratoin you will suggest ?

What configuratoin you will suggest ?

I don't understand your request.  Are you asking anyone of use to furnish you a configuration or do you want us to review your configuration?

Hi ,

I have attached diagram which contains ring topology in access layer from core1 to core2 .So from diagram what do you sugest regarding STP ,VTP ,HSRP ,DHCP Server on c3750 ,Is their is need of port channel ?  i need config example from your side .

First of all I am not comfortable with the large loop you have connecting the access switches.  If you can home run some more of them to the core I would certainly do so.  The loops are going to be spanning tree nightmares to say the least.

Second, I would highly suggest checking out the Cisco campus design guides.

The 2960s are L2 only switchs so all routing will have to take place in the core, ie the 3750s the way it looks.  I would create all VLANs at the core and create your SVI's there to route traffic with.  Trunk to each edge switch.  If you have teh 3750s stacked you can etherChannel a port on each of the stacked switches to the edge switches.  Again, the edge switches should be home ran to the core for that to work best. 

I would put your DHCP servers on the core or close to it if you can and create the approprite configs with that. 

I HSRP is more complexity than you need in my oppinion because I would just stack the 3750s.  If that not an option then, yes may be worth its use for sure.  Thats my oppinion anyhow.

The recommendation is to leave VTP off.  Not a big deal as you only have a few VLANs anyhow.

How many hosts are on your network total?

Hi ,

we have network users from 300 to 1500 as scope of Company .

Thanks in advance .

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card