Views
Helpful
Replies

C3750G IP BASE upgrade to IP SERVICE with stacking four switches

Alex Wong
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

Existing i have 4 x C3750G IP BASE with stacking, now need upgrade to IP service for BGP support.
Order from reseller PN: CD-3750G=EMI=.

I want ask need purchasing 4 x "CD-3750G=EMI=" or just purchasing 1 only for 4 x switches. I checked Cisco supportforums C3750G not support license activation.

Many Thanks

Wong

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to purchase each license for each individual member of the stack.  So if you've already purchased one, then you need to purchase additional three more.

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

My understanding has been the 3750 series will allow you to (legally) run a whole stack with an IPServices image as long as one stack member has a license for IPServices.

For redundancy, you should have at least two stack members with IPServices, otherwise if the sole IPServices master fails, the whole stack reverts to IPBase.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card