Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cco
Community Member

C3KX-SM-10G module supports only one flow monitor per direction and can't monitor IPV4 and IPV6 data simultaneously

I have a C3750X stack with a C3KX-SM-10G module and use it for ipv4/ipv6 routing. Unfortunately the C3KX-SM-10G seems to only support one flow monitor per direction and it's protocol (ipv4/ipv6) bound based on the defined flow records. In this module a flow monitor seems to be bound to either ipv4 or ipv6 traffic, it can't do both simultaneously in the same direction. Which means I have to choose between ipv4 OR ipv6 netflow information. And i would like to have both at the same time from the same direction.

To be able to collect ipv4 and ipv6 netflow data simultaneously i 'solved' this temporary by separating the flow monitors on flow direction. So I have two different flow monitors on the connected interface:

interface GigabitEthernet1/1/x

ip flow monitor netflow-ipv4-monitor input

ipv6 flow monitor netflow-ipv6-monitor output

But this is not an ideal solution since it is not future proof. Am I missing something?

1 REPLY

Hey,I suggest getting help

Hey,

I suggest getting help from TAC as this question is very much explores hardware capabilities of C3KX-SM-10G.

Regards,
RS.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content