cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C4507E Sup-V engine shows SSH ver 2.99 - why will it not connect with SSH v2?

bardoin
Level 1
Level 1

Switch C4507E with IOS 12.2 (52).SG and Sup engine V with 2GBIC ports does not allow SSH connection from other computer.

There was a failover to second Sup-V engine.  Uplink connection stayed on the slot 1 Sup-V that failed over to slot2 Sup-V as Active engine.

Switch continues pasing traffic.  The Slot 1 Sup-V maybe have a problem and need replacement.

Did do several force-switchovers and same result.  IOS was upgraded 6 months ago.

SN of switch 4507 is FOX1225HQY1.  SN of Sup-V is JAE1225M228 (slot1) and 2nd Sup-V (slot2) is JAE1225M21U.

IOS is Cat4500-IPbaseK9-mz.122-52.SG.bin;  Memory is 512 MB and slot) memory is 128 MB.

What can be accessed is using other switch login (C6509) that has trunk connection to the 4507 and do SSH to the 4507 switch works.

Did physically move connection from G1/1 to G2/1. and get same result.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I ran into a situation where some of our Cisco gear was reporting SSH version 2.99 and not working. I do not remember what caused the issue. But I do remember that for us a workaround was to configure no ip ssh version 2 and then to configure ip ssh version 2.  Give that a try and let us know if it helps.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

andtoth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Looks like you are hitting the following software defect: CSCsq51052

SSH server on IOS reporting bogus protocol version

Symptom:

Under some conditions, the IOS SSH server component in IOS might report a version of "2.99" - instead of the well-known 1.5, 1.99 and 2.0.

The workaround is to enable 'ip ssh version 2' in global configuration. Verify with 'show ip ssh' that SSH version indicates 2.0 instead of 2.99.

Refer to the Bug Toolkit Page for more information on the following link:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq51052

Andras

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I ran into a situation where some of our Cisco gear was reporting SSH version 2.99 and not working. I do not remember what caused the issue. But I do remember that for us a workaround was to configure no ip ssh version 2 and then to configure ip ssh version 2.  Give that a try and let us know if it helps.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

That worked !!!   Thanks

very much.

Bill A.

Bill

I am glad that you got the problem resolved and that our suggestions helped to accomplish this. Thank you for marking the problem as resolved (and thanks for the points). It makes the forum more useful when people can read about a problem and can know that they will find the solution to the problem. Marking the thread as solved helps make this obvious to readers in the forum.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

andtoth
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Looks like you are hitting the following software defect: CSCsq51052

SSH server on IOS reporting bogus protocol version

Symptom:

Under some conditions, the IOS SSH server component in IOS might report a version of "2.99" - instead of the well-known 1.5, 1.99 and 2.0.

The workaround is to enable 'ip ssh version 2' in global configuration. Verify with 'show ip ssh' that SSH version indicates 2.0 instead of 2.99.

Refer to the Bug Toolkit Page for more information on the following link:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsq51052

Andras

It worked.  SSH version is now 2.0.

Thanks for the help.  Bug report is a help too.

Bill A.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: