Views
Helpful
Replies

C6500 VSS for Banking sector

leon.mflai
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

My customer purchased a pair of Catalyst 6500E and each with 1 x VS720 SUP module. All linecards are 67xx which means the 6500E pair are ready for VSS deployment.

However, I am preparing migration plan to my customer and I am concerning about the stability of VSS technology especially my cusotmer is a bank who has network with over 100+ branches. The C6500E will be for daily transaction of ATM machine and teller.

Can anyone comment?

Leon Lai

2 Replies 2

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ask your Cisco account team for reference. I am sure they will be happy to tell you any big banks are using VSS right now.

Regards,

jerry

Hello,

As Jeve said, contact your Cisco account. Anyway from my experience I can say VSS is a very stable and high performance technology.

I have VSS on Core and Distribution in two Data Centers of one of my clients where 500+ branches and 100+ large offices connect to and we have been runing without problems for the last 2 years.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: