Level 1

Hi Team,

I have a Cisco WS-C3560 switch 

wher i am getting the below Error

%PLATFORM_UCAST-6-PREFIX: One or more, more specific prefixes 

Please suggest on the above .

8 Replies 8

Hi

Try to change the SDM template on your switch to get more IP space, first check your current SDM template

show sdm prefer

then

conf t

sdm prefer routing

write 

reload  (to take effect)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Can you briefly explain about this error  if possible plz share ciso documents 

Hi 

You should check the TCAM table, using the following command:

sh platform tcam utilization

About the Cisco Reference: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750e_3560e/software/release/12-2_40_ex/release/notes/OL13929.html

Error Message    PLATFORM_UCAST-6-PREFIX: One or more, more specific prefixes could not 
be programmed into TCAM and are being covered by a less specific prefix

Explanation    A more specific prefix could not be programmed into Ternary Content Addressable Memory (TCAM) and is covered by a less specific prefix. This could be a temporary condition. The output of the show platform ip unicast failed route privileged EXEC command lists the failed prefixes.

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi julio, 

As per document i can see there is no action  is required for the same. It means  its cosmetic and we can ignore

Hi

Yes, that is correct, it could be a temporal condition but should be good verify the current TCAM capacity, if you are using this switch for routing you could use the SDM template to assign better the resources for routing. 

:-)

Thanks for the info

Please clarify routing templates  conf will resolve  the issue if routing  enabled in the same device 

Hi,

It will increase the IP address space on the device and focus the resources for routing, if this device is proccessing a lot of information for routing it should be an option to enable. 

Also check this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/t5/lan-switching-and-routing/platform-ucast-6-prefix/td-p/1346455

If you are receving a lot of unicast log messages, it could be a bug, verify if your device and ios is on the list:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCtg06347/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

Sdm prefer routing  command is configured  already  but still getting the same error  continuously. As well checked the mentioned bug also but  the current  ios is not falling  in the same. Kindly  let me know  how can i proceed  further. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card