Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Can be 1000v run as a normal VM?

Can be the Nexus 1000v run as a normal Virtual Machine?

I am stuck with adding network interfaces and utilizing them in nx-os console.

I do not need to replace  the simple switch in vCenter.

I just want to run instance of N1k to test its TRILL (fabricpath) capabilities, or more precisely to compare its behaviour with my implementation for OMNeT++ simulator.

Everyone's tags (3)
1 REPLY

Hi,I don't know if it helps,

Hi,

I don't know if it helps, but I had a similar wish today.

I wanted just to launch NX-OS to perform RADIUS authentication, using a Radius server, and use custom roles for users.

I didn't know how to use this VM.

I should have used Vcenter & Vsphere , related to the documentation, but I had only VmWare Workstation.

So I extract the ISO file from the archive for Vcenter to install the "VSM".

I installed the VSM using this document : http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/nexus1000/sw/4_2_1_s_v_2_1_1/install_upgrade/vsm_vem/guide/b_Installation_and_Upgrade_Release_4_2_1SV2_1_1/b_Installation_and_Upgrade_Release_4_2_1SV2_1_1_appendix_0101.pdf

And I blocked to the setup, because I didn't have the correct Interfaces.

By default, there is one interface for my VM. So I went to the data store of the VM, opened the .vmx file of it, and add 2 interfaces (ethernet0 was present, I added ethernet1 and 2).

Then the installation works. And for now I managed to do what I want, without understanding completely the role of the 1000V and configuring things that are not important for me now.

I hope it helps !

Brandon

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content