Views
Helpful
Replies

Can hsrp track two ip addresses?

tom_chan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Simple question - can hsrp track two ip addresses? Meaning it tracks the first ip address first and then the second ip address, and if both ip addresses are unreachable, then hsrp will kick in.

Regards

4 Replies 4

ashok gouda
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I feel it is possible.i do not have the rite equipment with me to simulate the above scenario but when i tried on packet tracer i could use track commands for both interfaces .

The above is my view,please share with me if my answer is incorrect and u get a correct answer.

Regards,

Ashok

It can be done, one needs to configure a track list.

See

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_55_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/sweot.html#wp1078768 

One thing to keep in mind if you track more than one interface is that each interface that goes down will decrease the priority by an amount. You want to assign the priorities to the interfaces such that one interface will be primary/active. The decrease of one interface going down should not make the active interface lower priority than the standby. It should take the decrease of both interfaces to become less than the standby.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card