cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I enable AutoQoS on Giga interface on 3925 router ??

wfchew2007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I was trying to enable AutoQoS on my router 3925 GE interfaces, but failed to do so !! But I was able to do so on FE interfaces !! I have Security/K9 and Data/K9 license on this router. Or do I still miss out anything ?? I am on IOS 150-1(M4). Please advise.

I was able to enable AutoQoS on all my Cisco 2811 and 1841 routers !!

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

3 Replies 3

cpembleton
Level 4
Level 4

Lawrence,

Your going to have to manually configure a policy for that interface.  Autoqos isn't supported on that interface.

Take a look at this document for interface types autoqos is supported on and other required info to run it. 

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/qos_auto/configuration/15-2mt/qos-auto-15-2mt-book.html

HTH

Chad

Hi Chad,

Thanks for the speedy reply. From the document you provided mostly show low speed interface like serial or ATM and Frame-Relay. I can't see the example on GE interface.

So far I am not able to turn on AutoQoS on my GE router interfaces. No issue on FE interfaces on the same routers.

Best regards,

Lawrence Chew

The doc doesn't mention it becuase it's not a supported interface. 

The 3925 only has built-in Gig ports unless your just running them at 100Mbps.  Or do you have a switch module that has your FE interfaces?  Could be that the switch module has support for it similar to regular switch. 

HTH.

Chad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: