cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I mix WS-C3750X-48PF-S IP Services with WS-C3750X-48T-S IP Base?

conceptzone
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Can I mix WS-C3750X-48PF-S IP Services with WS-C3750X-48T-S IP Base? if Yes then please explain more details of how to do it, for example, can I elect  WS-C3750X-48PF-S as a master in this case? a link to these information will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ismail

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You could run Software Mixed Stack but we recommend against it.

The Stack Master feature set will dictate what services are available in the Stack.

If the Stack Master fails and other Stack Member takes over with lesser feature set,

you can have into interruption of services if you rely on features only found on the higher feature set.

The link I provided explains it all, please take a moment and read the entire document.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Edison Ortiz
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"All stack members must run the same Cisco IOS  software image and feature set to ensure compatibility between stack  members. For example, all stack members should run the universal  software image and have the IP services feature set enabled for the  Cisco IOS Release 12.2(53)SE2 or later."

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12.2_58_se/configuration/guide/swstack.html#wp1189523

Thanks Edis for the help,

I am just trying to understand the Q&A for the 3750X ,

Q. Are mixed stacks supported?

A. It depends. The Cisco StackWise and StackWise Plus solutions are flexible enough to allow you to:

• Stack any Cisco Catalyst 3750 switch in the same stack (hardware mixed stack)

• Stack any Cisco IOS Software feature set in the same stack (software mixed stack)

One exception is the new LAN Base models being introduced with the Cisco Catalyst 3750-X Series, which can stack only with other LAN Base models.

What Cisco website meant by Software Mixed Stack?

Thanks,

Ismail

You could run Software Mixed Stack but we recommend against it.

The Stack Master feature set will dictate what services are available in the Stack.

If the Stack Master fails and other Stack Member takes over with lesser feature set,

you can have into interruption of services if you rely on features only found on the higher feature set.

The link I provided explains it all, please take a moment and read the entire document.

Yep, I hear you ... you are right

Thanks indeed!

Ismail

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card