cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can i Use Cisco 3560-E series switch in the distribution

habarya
Level 1
Level 1

I have different cisco switch which are under different vlan member. so that can i use this cisco 3560-E switch under this layer of the network, which is working as a router and a switch.If not what are the lest price MLS that can substitute this switch, which have a functionality of routing and switch that can work in distribution layer of the dual core netwrok

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

There is no problem with using 3560-E as distribution switch if it meets your requirements.

Jon

mahmoodmkl
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

It depends upon on the size of u r network.ideally these switches are best suited for access layer.

Thanks

Mahmood

i heard that the software i.e the IOS type must be upgrade to support the routing functionality. To do that u must pay per IP . So that do u think that better to buy other L3/L2 switch than this switch.

i heard that the software i.e the IOS type must be upgrade to support the routing functionality. To do that u must pay per IP . So that do u think that better to buy other L3/L2 switch than this switch. If not which switch is better in relation to cost that can substitute this switch like cisco 3750

Hi

If this switch is with standard image then u can have basic routing funtionality.

Thanks

Mahmood

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card