Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Attention: The Community will be in read-only mode on 12/14/2017 from 12:00 am pacific to 11:30 am.

During this time you will only be able to see content. Other interactions such as posting, replying to questions, or marking content as helpful will be disabled for few hours.

We apologize for the inconvenience while we perform important updates to the Community.

Can't access Vlan when connected through another switch

I have several satellite offices and each office is set up as a different subnet and each has its own Vlan.

There are two offices located in the same hospital. Those offices are connected via 1 T1. The T1 is connected to a switch on subnet 10.1.60.xx on Gi0/2. The other office is connected to that switch but it has its own subnet - 10.1.85.xx and its own vlan. It is connected from Gi0/1 on the first switch via a crossover cable to Gi0/2 on the second switch.

On the port that the T1 is connected to, I have allowed both Vlans.

I have connectivity for both switches with no problems and everything seems fine in that aspect.

Here's my problem: I cannot ping, putty, telnet or Network Assistant into the second switch from my office. However, if I telnet or putty into the first switch I can then telnet from that switch into the second switch.

Any ideas?

1 REPLY
Purple

Re: Can't access Vlan when connected through another switch

Sounds like the second switch is missing the default gateway or a static default route if routing is turned on .

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content