cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't configure fa ports

shirwaziri1_2
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2621 router and flash was erased. Just for practicing purposes, I uploaded IOS version 11.3. I want to upgrade the IOS but I can't ping the TFTP server. I think it is because I could not configure a FA port and I only configured the Loopback port. Is there anyone that can help guide me in what I am doing wrong. I though I could just ocnfigure the Fa interface but it is not giving me the option. I then configured the loopback 0 interface thinking that would do the trick. But I can't ping the tftp server. What am I doing wrong????

5 Replies 5

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

Hello ..

did you upload the 11.3 using xmodem ?? after uploading the IOS, are u able to see the FE port on the show run ?? Also check the show version and see if the router has recognized the FE interface.. are these FE built-in interfaces ? how are u connecting the TFTP server ? through a switch ???

Raj

-I uploaded 11.3 using tftpdnld

-Unable to see FE port in show run

-didn't check show version, i will check it tonight for the Fe port

-Built in Fe interfaces

-yes through a netgear switch

adrian.chadd
Level 1
Level 1

I don't recall the fastethernet ports being supported on that old an IOS version on the 2600 (they ran 11.3? Wow.)

Just install a recent-ish 12.x IOS image and you should be fine.

Just upgrade to the latest 12.2 or 12.3 IOS.

Make sure you have enough flash and Memory requirements to supportthe upgrade.

Narayan

adnan.zafar
Level 1
Level 1

11.3 does not supports fast ethernet interfaces so you have to switch to 12.*( means some thing)

and do the same thing for IOS update ( like in rom mode use tftpdnld command)

may this help you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card