Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't excute "ip wccp redirect out" on 3750 switch

Doan Quang Hoa
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

Today, my customer have 1 project that have to deploy Cisco 3750 to redirect wccpv2 to  Websense Security Gateway.

However, i can't excute "ip wccp redirect out" on Cisco Catalyst 3750.

So any advices for me to redirect wccp to Websense in this case???

Thanks so much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It works...I have a ProxySG that I redirect users to. The vlans have the direction as in and points to the proxy server. I don't have issues with it. When your're putting wccp on your svi in the inbound direction, you're telling the switch to send to the ip that you have configured as your wccp server for whatever group you specified. You can have the in direction on the svi that that websense server connects to as well.

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

which image are you running ?

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

actually, my cisco 3750 's running ip service image.

However, i find this:

Unsupported WCCP Features on 3750

These WCCP features are not supported in this software release:

Packet redirection on an outbound interface that is configured by using the ip wccp redirect out interface configuration command. This command is not supported.

The GRE forwarding method for packet redirection is not supported.

The hash assignment method for load balancing is not supported.

There is no SNMP support for WCCP.

Actually i want to config wccp to redirect http traffic to websense on interface gi1/0/5, users are connected to interface vlan 1, and gi1/0/1 is interface that connected to Internet Router (by default route).

Any configuration guide for me in this case.

Thanks so much.

Try changing your direction to in on the vlan that the users will be coming from. It should work.

John

hi j.blakley,

Sure, i will change direction to in on the users vlan. however, i uncertain that wccpv2 can work without redirection to out on the interface that Websense connected???

Any comfirmed information for my case

Thanks so much.

It works...I have a ProxySG that I redirect users to. The vlans have the direction as in and points to the proxy server. I don't have issues with it. When your're putting wccp on your svi in the inbound direction, you're telling the switch to send to the ip that you have configured as your wccp server for whatever group you specified. You can have the in direction on the svi that that websense server connects to as well.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card