It seems the router doesn't recognize these commands

What could be the reason?

Thanks

Tauer

9 Replies 9

fred.mancen
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe your user login does not have permission to do it...do you know if your router is configured to authenticate users on a RADIUS or TACACS server, or even in a local authentication method? If yes, try to change the user rights, adding your profile to a higher level. If you cannot do this (and if you can stop your router), try to proceed with a password recovery procedure and add a user with maximum level and restart your router, logging on with the new user.

Regards.

Mr. Drumond, are you typing from Brazil? I am a brazilian also...

Hi Mr Mancen..

Im brazillian too.... nice to meet you...

Actually... I'm logging on router by console port... and I cant see if there's a RADIUS or TACACS server.... and unfortunately, I cant break the password...

Any ideas?

Thank you. Obrigado!

Did you tried to log in through telnet or SSH? Or do you have a different user you could try to log in with a different privilege level?

The only thing I can see is that the login you are using does not have privileges to perform any changes or write the config on the router console...

Hope it helps...

Saudacoes.

Unfotunately I dont have another user and I cant log in using Telnet or SSH.

The only way I see, is to break the password, but I can't do that.

Anyway, thank you by the help.

If you want contact me... send me a e-mail....

Abraços

Tauer

If I am understanding your description correctly you are logging in on the console. Your statements that you do not know the password would seem to indicate that you are in user mode and not privilege mode. (and this would explain not being able to enter configure term) But your example in the original post seems to show the privilege mode prompt. Perhaps you can clarify this a bit. The easy way is to post the output of show prvilege.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick...

I'm logging on the console. I put the username and password I have and I go directly to privilege mode.

On privilege mode (Router#) I cant issue the commands "show run" or "conf t"...

The output of show privilege is: Current privilege is 10

Thanks

Tauer

This additional information does help explain what is going on, even if it does not provide a solution for your problem. When you log in you are put at privilege level 10, which obviously is higher than normal user mode but not high enough to be able to do configure term or other level 15 commands.

At this point I can only think of 2 alternatives:

- find someone who can give you an ID and password that gets to privilege level 15

- do password recovery on the router.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Hi Rick...

Im looking for the administrator of this router...hope it help me....cause I cant break the password right now...

Anyway... thank you by help...

Regards

Tauer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card