cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can't telnet the router loopback, can telnet interface ip address

vovochka83
Level 1
Level 1

i have 2 routers connected as point to point, A<->B. from A i can ping to B loopback ip address and vice versa. But i can't telnet from A to B using B loopback ip address, but i can telnet to B using B interface ip addresss which is connected to A.

6 Replies 6

serge123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,
Do you have a access-class on your vty config?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

no, no access-class under line vty. when i show ip route i did received the loopback ip address via ospf...even from A telnet to B using souce interface also failed to telnet.

Hi

You may try to login to either RouterA or RouterB and then telnet on the router itself for testing. Just want to make sure that RouterA or RouterB can be telneted.

Thanks

from RouterA telnet to RouterB (loopback ip)-->failed

from RouterA telnet to RouterB (interface ip)-->passed

from RouterB telnet to RouterA (loopback ip)-->failed

from RouterB telnet to RouterA (interface ip)-->failed

I have the same problem.
When I log in to the router itself, I can telnet using the lopback0 IP. However I can only telnet from other routers using the interface IP and not the loopback0.

There was never enough information in the original discussion to be able to identify the cause of the problem. And there is not enough information in your description for us to be able to identify the cause of your problem. A good place to start would be to post the configuration of the router.

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card