cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you migrate a license from one 3750X to another?

pelusojp
Level 1
Level 1

I have a stack of three 3750X-48 switches, all with IPSERVICES.  I have another stack of three 3750X-48 switches, all with IPBASE.  The issue is that both are in production and each has the wrong license.  Is there a way to demote one stack and move the licenses over to the other stack?  This will save a ton of recabling as these switches are at near capactity.

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think that is possible, as the license is bound to the serial number of the switch.

HTH

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Yes you can MOVE the license from one switch to another.  Send an email to licence@cisco.com with what you are trying to do.  Put the serial numbers of the all switches you want to demote and all the switches you want to promote.

I will start this process and let you know.  Our Cisco rep is sure this will work but just never did it, report back later and thank you.

Jose Solano
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I would agreed with Reza, the license is attached to each switch UDI (unique device identifier), you may send the request to the licensing team but I havent seen that a request like that, unless the switches were replaced via RMA in which case the license can be re-hosted to the new serial number. Below is a good link that covers license details

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/catalyst-3560-x-series-switches/white_paper_c11-579326.html

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card