cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can you put 4 x 6807's in VSS mode as one cluster?

Ric Hernandez
Level 1
Level 1

We have 4 6807's that we're going to use to replace 2 6509's.  Each 6807 has a SUP6T engine.  Can we put all 4 switches in VSS mode in a single domain?  If so, does anyone know of any design documentation that covers this scenario?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As far as i know only two switches can form a VSS so you would need two VSS each pair being in a different domain. 

Jon

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As far as i know only two switches can form a VSS so you would need two VSS each pair being in a different domain. 

Jon

Rich Uline
Level 1
Level 1

Ric,

A VSS is strictly two chassis. However, you can use either two or four supervisors.

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As Jon also noted, you can only have 2 switches in a VSS domain.  Make sure domain IDs are different.

HTH

I have same scenario ,two C6807 with quoad SUP6T and wonder how we have VSS run in this design ? 

I don't think we have the same situation.  I have 4 x 6807 chassis' and each has a SUP6T.  From what I understand, you can only put 2 6807 Chassis' in a VSS pair.  In my case, I'd have to create 2 VSS Pair with Trunks between them.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco