cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot change duplex parameters on IE3000-8TC.

support0235
Level 1
Level 1

I noticed my Gigabit Ethernet 1 interface was set for half duplex and I want to change it to full duplex, no big deal right? when I go to change it I just get unrecognised command. When I do a ? I do not see duplex or speed commands at all. Is there something I am missing? I have read through the IE3000-8TC documentation and it says I should be able to change the duplexing on the Gigabit Ethernet ports like normal.

5 Replies 5

eetminotti
Level 1
Level 1

What version of firmware do you have on the switch? I've seen this type of issue before with an Allen Bradley switch running Cisco. Had a duplex issue and the image on the Allen Bradley was preventing me from changing the duplex. 

12.2(55)SE is the version. I have never encountered this before and cant seem to find any other forum posts about it making me believe I am doing something silly to make it not show up. The duplexing options show up on all of the other Fast Ethernet ports just not the Gigabit Ethernet.

David Allison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, I just worked with a customer on this exact issue today.  In order to hardcode the speed and duplex settings on the uplink ports you need to first set the media type.  Try this:

int gig 1/1

media-type rj45

speed 100

duplex full

HTH,

Chad - Cisco CNS

How about if your using sfp not rj45? 

I have the same issue also.

Thank you

Scott

If you have a SFP not rj46 just use:

media-type sfp

duplex full

Doing this makes the interface to run on full duplex. Had this issue as well with IE 3000 switch, took me a while to find the solution.

Prem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card