cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot load IOS via xmodem

phillipsfox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All, i deleted the old IOS from 3750 switch, uploaded a tar version of the new one, unfortenatelly forgot to unzip and reloaded the switch. I am in Rommon mode and cannot upload the new bin IOS via xmodem probably because there is not enough space (only 3MB left, the tar image takes 12.5MB).

dir is not showing the tar file for some reason. This is what i get:

List of filesystems currently registered:

flash[0]: (read-write)

xmodem[1]: (read-only)

null[2]: (read-write)

bs[3]: (read-only)

Thus i cannot delete the tar...

However i know it is there becuase on boot the switch is showing theat 12MB are being used....

Any sugestions???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you have not found it yet, this description should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12240se/scg1/swtrbl.htm#wp1099467

With the flash_init command you should be able to perform some commands on the flash, so probably you can delete the tar file there.

HTH

Mat

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

If you have not found it yet, this description should help you:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12240se/scg1/swtrbl.htm#wp1099467

With the flash_init command you should be able to perform some commands on the flash, so probably you can delete the tar file there.

HTH

Mat

format flash: helped, i was trying flash[0], flashfs[0], etc... Still have a problem thou...

For some weird reason when i am trying to download the IOS via xmodem i am getting this error message: "no response from remote system." i am sure xmodem is supported as i was uploading an IOS on the same switch earlier... Any ideas? Thanks

format flash: worked for me! Thanks! I hadn't seen that command until now. Been struggling to use xmodem to copy a new ios to a 2900XL, Whew!

OK all fixed, i had to type first:

copy xmodem: flash:iosname.bin and the click send from the transfer menu. Weird the first time i install the ios via xmodem i didnt need to do the first step...

Thanks for your help

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card