cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

cat. 2950 + router and network disappears

Hi,

I have 2 switches catalyst 2950 and after connecting even one of them to Riverstone es500 switch-router my other switches lose their network.

On router there is port based vlan. Some ports have trendnet TE100 switches(no management etc). I tried connect cat. 2950 to vlan port and it works but trendnet lose net at that point. When there is no activity on 2950 then trendnet switches work. 2950 have 10.0.1.0/24 network ip, so the router vlan has same net ip.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: cat. 2950 + router and network disappears

Hi,

Most probably STP is getting disturbed, due to the inclusion of 2950 switch, to the existing network.

Try configuring the STP priority of the 2950 ( a higher value) switch before introducing in to the network. This way you can ensure that 2950 is not elected as a root bridge.

Give a try and let us know the result.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

3 REPLIES

Hi,

Most probably STP is getting disturbed, due to the inclusion of 2950 switch, to the existing network.

Try configuring the STP priority of the 2950 ( a higher value) switch before introducing in to the network. This way you can ensure that 2950 is not elected as a root bridge.

Give a try and let us know the result.

Hope this helps.

-VJ

I't works. I set it to max. Although router has no stp,rip etc enabled. Don't know about trendnet unmanageable switches but it works, so im happy.

Thanks.

Hi,

Glad that it resolved your issue. Thanks for updating that.

Rate the post if it was usefull.

-VJ

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content