cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat 2960G-24TC-L MTU problem

gyozo
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Catalyst 2960G-24TC-L switch. I have set the 'jumbo frame mtu 9000'. When I try to ping a server located on G0/19 port from G0/1-4 ports the sever do not reply those requests for which packet size is above 1500 byte. It happens only that case, when I try to ping from a gigabit NIC. Everything is OK if the source switchports are different from the ports G0/1-4 or I try to ping from fastethernet NIC.

One more addition: First time, when I turned the switch on I set the first four switchports' speed to 100M and duplex full state. Later, when they changed the NIC from 100 Mbps to 1000 Mbps I set the ports state to auto. I have loaded the newest IOS to the swith, and reloaded it many times. The problem seems persistent.

Anyone has an idea?

8 Replies 8

vijayasankar
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Can you try forcing the speed/duplex on the interfaces g0/1-4 to 1000/full and then repeat your tests?

-VJ

Unfortunately it did not solve our problem.

How can i force the Port on 2960G to Full Speed/Duplex Please ?

Thanks

Dave,

interface

speed <10, 100, 1000>

duplex full

Thanks

I tried this on my 2960G switch and i can not enable it.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gyozo,

Is the server configured to transmit jumbo frame?

Yes, please make sure the server is configured for JF. Also, you might want to change MTU size on the VLAN.

Thank's for your help. In the meantime we have replaced the switch in warranty.

Gyozo

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: