cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

cat 6500 strange acl issues since switchover

Hello,

We have at work 1 Catalyst 6509 with 2 SUP720-3B configured for SSO and running quite an old ios image: 12.2(18)SXF7.

Last week the standby sup took over the active one, because of a parity error but that's not really the main problem. Since then, acls applied to

svi interface don't work anymore. Flows that were not permitted before are now permitted and we can connect to some servers

from remote locations. 

I triple checked acls to verify if there was any misconfigurated acl, but I did not find one.

I launched a diagnostic check for non-disruptive tests and TestAclPermit/TestAclDeny but they all passed.

I also checked if the tcam was full with a "sh tcam counts" but that don't seem to be the case.

I also tried to reapply the ip acess group for the interface but this don't work either...

I would like your views on what to do next, is there some debug commands that could help in this case ?

I could also try to switchover to the other sup to see if the problem remains...

Thank you.

Everyone's tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

SXF7 is very old.  You can load a version SXJ and reboot it.  Once rebooted, the sup in slot 5 will be the primary and the sup in slot 6 stand-by.

HTH

2 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

Hi,

SXF7 is very old.  You can load a version SXJ and reboot it.  Once rebooted, the sup in slot 5 will be the primary and the sup in slot 6 stand-by.

HTH

Thank you, I'll try to upgrade and see if there is any changes.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content