Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CAT OS to IOS

Hi Dudes,

I have one CISCO 5512 Switch with CAT OS. We are planning to change that switch wiht one 6509 with IOS. Can any one help me to convert the same.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Errr ... Your issue is a very broad subject with an equally broad topic.  Can you be more specific?  What is your 6500 Sup Engine?  Layer 2?  Layer 3?  What modules?

You know what?  I think you need to engage consultant here.  I can think of at least a dozen ways this can go bottoms-up.

I would agree with Leolaohoo. Unless you know what all of the configuration on your existing CatOS switch does, I would bring in a consultant to review the situation to ensure not only a successful upgrade but to make sure you get the best network performance out of your purchase.

If one gets a consultant earlier, the consultant will have time to study the network and make proper recommendations.  If the consultant is called when the problem is occuring the risks of getting it right is lower plus the rate you have to pay is higher.   Or one can just go "cheap-o".

You  can use a tool to convert about 70% of the CatOS configuration statements to IOS configuration statements, you can follow the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_tech_note09186a0080816fbc.shtml

Please see the attached PDF for additional information regarding unsupported commands.  Hope this help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: