#.....router ospf

does not work

Please help

8 Replies 8

cadet alain
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

This image is not appearing in the list of supported images for OSPF on the Cisco feature navigator site.

Regards.

Alain

Don't forget to rate helpful posts.

Hi,

You need to have the following version to run OSPF.
c3560-ipservicesk9-mz.122-50.SE.bin

Please rate the helpfull posts.
Regards,
Naidu.

NickNac79
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Recep,

In order to use OSPF on a layer 3 switch, you require an IP Services / Universal Image.

IP Base is basic routing (Static / RIP etc) no VRF capabilities and several other restrictions.

IP Services opens up Advanced Dyanmic routing (OSPF / EIGRP / BGP / IS-IS), VRF-Lite etc.

If you have a valid support contract you should be able to download an appropriate image from

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/pub/software/portal/select.html?&i=!m&mdfid=282895848

However on the X series you cannot simply drop whatever image you like onto the device - you will need to purchase the relavent License first.

Hope that Helps,

Nick

Amit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Guys,

with 3560-X and 3750-X, OSPF for routed access is supported in IP Base image. It supports upto 256 OSPF routers.

Please see below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps6406/qa_c67-578933_ps10744_Products_Q_and_A_Item.html

To the original Poster, Please could you paste the " show version " from your switch.

Cheers,

-amit singh

Hi Amit,

That's interesting - I wasn't aware of this, however I've done some further reading.. specifically here where it states:

"OSPF for Routed Access supports only one OSPFv2  and one OSPFv3 instance with a combined total of 200 dynamically learned  routes. The IP Base image provides OSPF for routed access."

Which I personally think is just terrible - I wouldn't have expected Cisco to be peddling Crippleware, which this effectively is.

I wouldn't therefore consider this as having OSPF, as it is crppled.  It may be suitable in a Stub area, or in a very small network.

One good thing is the following line:

"However, these restrictions are not enforced in this release."

So you should be able to use Full-Fat OSPF without restriction on that release (12.2(55)SE)  But don't rely upon it as Cisco will pull the rug out from under you in a future release.

So - Recep,

A nice easy one possibly....  have you enabled ip routing?

Nick

Hi Recep,

Did any of the posts above answer your question?  If so, please rate any of the posts you found useful.

Nick

fb_webuser
Level 6
Level 6

ive always had that same problem with ip base IOS images. features not working properly like the situation your experiencing now. i normally recommend that you download instead of an IPBASE, use adventerprise IOS images.

---

Posted by WebUser Julio C. Padilla

zhaoxu_hao
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

3560X Series IOS are common c3560e-universalk9, LAN Base,IP Base, IP Services, if you are a LAN Base level, need to do asimple OSPF, you need a License.lic file copied to the Flash, and then install.I tested it.

From China Hao

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: