Views
Helpful
Replies

Cat6500-Sup 32

r.sharafi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the reason that Sup 32 has to be inserted into the same slots as Sup 720. I understand the requirement for Sup 720 because of the integrated SFM. But Sup 32 does not have a SFM. So Why do I have to instert it e.g. in C6506/09 into Slot 5 or 6?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, this is from audio track. There was exact same question asked and the answer was like "You should use the same slot for both Sup32 and 720... This was done for unification purposes".

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

amritpatek
Level 6
Level 6

I am not sure but I think the reason to have sup32 in same slot as sup720 is for enhanced card support.

ovt
Level 4
Level 4

There is no such reason exists :) They did this just for unification and to minimize customers confusion (source - Networkers 2005).

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Is it also mentioned in a networkers presentation so I can refer to it?

Thanks,

Ramin

No, this is from audio track. There was exact same question asked and the answer was like "You should use the same slot for both Sup32 and 720... This was done for unification purposes".

Thank you for your reply, Oleg.

Even though I do not understand why slot 1 and 2 are not also supported I think can live with this answer. Thanks again.

Ramin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card