I think I just made a big mistake. Im studying for the CCENT and I purchased a catalyst 1900 (WS-C1924-A) and a 2501 router from Ebay. Using Tera Term and a rollover cable I was successfully able to connect to the console port of the router and configure the terminal. Next I attached the same rollover cable to the console port on the 1900 switch. After the POST all that would appear on Tera Term was ATQ0H0 and ATQ0Z0. So after many hours I found out that hold down the MODE button on the switch and power cycle the switch I would be put directly in to Cisco Systems Diagnostic Console.
Diagnostic Console - Systems Engineering
Operation firmware version: 9.00.04 Status: valid
Boot firmware version: 3.10
[C] Continue with standard system start up
[U] Upgrade operation firmware (XMODEM)
[S] System debug interface
This worked just fine and the text was displayed correct on the screen. I tried this command [R] Reset main console RS232 interface to 9600,8,1,N but this didnt fix the ATQ0H0 problem I was having. Then I had the bright idea to [U] Upgrade operation firmware (XMODEM) even though I didnt have a upgrade file. And this is what happened below.
Now that I have the firmware installed again, Im still getting the ATQ0H0 and ATQ0Z0 output from the console port. I dont think it is a cable issue because the same cable is used correctly for the console on a router. I read that the AT commands are modem commands. Can you give me any suggestions in how I can connect to the console and start to configure the switch. thank you
Question We run asr9001 with XR 6.1.3, and we have a very long delay to
login w/ SSH 1 or 2 to the device compare to IOS device. After
investigation, the there is 1s delay between the client KEXDH_INIT and
the server (XR) KEXDH_REPLY. After debug ssh serv...
Introduction The purpose of this document is to demonstrate the Open
Shortest Path First (OSPF) behavior when the V-bit (Virtual-link bit) is
present in a non-backbone area. The V-bit is signaled in Type-1 LSA only
if the router is the endpoint of one or ...
Hi, I am seeing quite a few issues with patch install and wanted to
share my experience and workaround to this. Login to admin via CLI, then
access root with the “shell” command Issue “df –h” and you’ll probably
see the following directory full or nearly ...