cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 2950 problem - switch down

scotlaclair
Level 1
Level 1

I have two 2950 switches connected via fiber and I have set up a cluster. Every day or so I log into the web console to monitor the cluster and the second switch in the cluster shows switch down. I have to connect to the switch via console cable and reload for the switch to comeback online. I upgraded the IOS recently to try to resolve the problem and today I logged into the web console on switch 1 and the second switch in the cluster again shows switch down. I would appreciate any insite into what is wrong with this second switch - maybe possible hardware issue or simply a software problem. Thank you.

4 Replies 4

srue
Level 7
Level 7

so when you log in via console connection, the switch is still responsive?

do you have logging turned on?

Yes the switch is responsive only via console cable and I can login via console and use the reload command to resolve the problem. Once the reload occurs, the switch will remain online for at most a couple of days and then I find it un-pingable and using the web console of switch 1 I see that switch 2 shows switch down. I do not have any logging enabled at this time.

what are messages displayed when connected to console of switch 2 ?

Like any error or warning messages before going down..

Try enabling logging and pls let us know the messages

Here is the message displayed when the switch crashes:

2d06h: CLUSTER_MEMBER_1: SCHAN ERROR INTR: unit=0 SRC=6 DST=5

OPCODE=20 ERRCODE=5

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: