cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst 3000 "port adding"

francmany
Level 1
Level 1

i'm kind of confused. in catalyst 3000 swith (port configuration console), i want to add vlan port, but there's no option "add" in the console options (i can only see "return" "more" "change"), how do i go about it?.

also i'm suspecting the switch mode as i understand that there are: server,clien, and transparent modes.

but i looked around the console just couldnt find the place to set it to server mode. right now i just dont know if i'm working in a server mode or other.

some help please!

3 Replies 3

Anand Narayana
Level 6
Level 6

Hi,

if you wanted to create a vlan interface then the command is "interface vlan 2" then followed by the ip address

eg. interface vlan 2

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

if you wanted to specific a port for vlan 2, the the command is "switchport mode access & swtichport access vlan 2"

eg. interface fastethernet 0/1

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 2

hope this helps.

rate this post if cleared.

hello anandanarayana,

thanks for your responce but the problem here is that as i said in my first post. i've looked around these console i just cant find the very shell prompt to enter these commands. the entire console is just menu driven (and giving me no choice to add vlans or even swith from differnt mode to another). THE PROBLEM IS TO GET TO THE RIGHT SHELL PROMPT. i'm suspecting being in the wrong configuration mode, because if i'm in the server mode i believe i can be able to get to the right spot, or at least see "add" option. NON OF THESE ARE REACHABLE TO ME.

please anyone who has configured "cisco workgroup CATALYST 3000" out there?

Hi ,

Check the below link for vlan configuration on 3000 switch.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3ks/3000/aicfgcsl.htm#xtocid735844

it has details about how to configure valn on 3000 switch using menu.

Hope it helps you for configuring vlan's...Plz rate it.

Connecting a Network Management Console on 3000 switch.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3ks/3000/ahcncnsl.htm#xtocid125800

Thanks,

satish

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card