cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Catalyst 3500 XL Problems

Roberek99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, im new to Cisco (almost done with the first book), and i recieved a switch from my workplace. I get the thing set up with the serial to console port and the like and notice that I don't get the initial config dialogue, so I erase the startup-config multiple times and no use. Then I type in erase flash and confirm ad then my switch reloads. The next thing I see, I get a message sayign theres no files to boot from and a prompt that just says:

Switch:

What should I do now, im assuming i erased the Cisco IOS, how do I get it back?

4 Replies 4

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Andrew

You are going to have use xmodem to get a new copy of the IOS onto the switch. Use Section B in this link -

3500XL image recovery

Jon

Cisco are currently donating money to the Haiti earthquake appeal for every rating so please consider rating all helpful posts.

It says thats a forbidden file and I can't upgrade my account priviliges because I didn't purchase the switch, it was given to me...

Andrew

Do you mean the link i provided or are you trying to download an image from Cisco website ?

If you mean the doc, i'm attaching it as a .pdf file.

Jon

Alright, thanks, I'll try it out the next chance I get!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card