-------- ------ ------

1 Ok Down

2 Down Ok

#sh switch neighbors

Switch # Port 1 Port 2

-------- ------ ------

1 2 None

2 None 1

I would like to know if this situation is correct or not, I think is incorrect.

If it is incorrect, Can I change the stackwise interfaces?

8 Replies 8

jason.henderson
Level 1
Level 1

You have sw1 stack-port 1 connected to sw2 stack-port 2.

Neighbors command shows that sw1 sees sw2 on sw1 stack-port 1, and vice-versa.

This is fine.

Hi,

There is no problem....everything seems to be normal. Why do you thought its incorrect!!!

Paolo,

It would depend on whether you have connected both the stack cables between the switches.

As per your output there seems to be only one stack cable between the switches and is functioning normally

If you happen to connect the switches via both the stack ports, you would see something like below

MS_INDR_L3_SW1#sh switch stack-ports

Switch # Port 1 Port 2

-------- ------ ------

1 Ok Ok

2 Ok Ok

MS_INDR_L3_SW1#

MS_INDR_L3_SW1#sh switch nei

MS_INDR_L3_SW1#sh switch neighbors

Switch # Port 1 Port 2

-------- ------ ------

1 2 2

2 1 1

MS_INDR_L3_SW1#

HTH

Narayan

paolomessina
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is: the two stackwise are connected!!!

tnx for interest

Try reseating the connection. I know it's a pain to insert those cables and often the pins don't line-up properly.

If you reseat the cable and the problem persists, swap the cables and see if the problem follows the cable vs the stackports.

If the problem persists on the same stackports after changing the cable, you may have a faulty connector on either of the switches.

HTH,

__

Edison.

ok...

Very Very Tnx...

I have the same problem. I have tried lot of things allready - cable swapping, upgrade, downgrade. Problem is a half-duplex stackwise operation. It can be seen by the "show switch stack-ring speed". One pair of the ports are down and the others are on half-duplex.

I have just tried to connect third 3750 (older one). The result is - the third switch has always both ports up and the others have always down the second port. I tried to reconfigure the ring and the result is the same. Bad switches have always one port up and the second one down.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card